- Investors beware of unsolicited Messages; Click here for list of securities in which SMSs is found to be circulated.
- Investors may report unsolicited SMS on +91 7506840578
Leagues/Schemes/Competitions Offered by Third Party or Group Company/Associate of Stock Broker
BSE is issuing this Investor Alert to warn investors about leagues/schemes/competitions etc (hereinafter referred to as "schemes") offered by third party or group company /associate of stock broker, which may involve distribution of prize monies.
Investors are cautioned about the following:
- Participation in such schemes is at investors' own risks, cost and consequences. Such schemes are neither approved nor endorsed by Exchange.
- For any kind of disputes relating to such schemes or enforcement of any agreement/ MoU etc. signed by investors to enter into or pursuant to joining such schemes, none of the following recourses will be available to investors:
- Stock Exchange dispute resolution mechanism,
- Investor grievance redressal mechanism administered by Stock Exchange, and
- Benefits of investor protection under SEBI/Stock Exchange jurisdiction
- Sharing of confidential and personal trading data etc. by investors in such schemes shall be at investors' own risks, cost and consequences.
- It has come to the attention of the Exchange that certain persons and / or entities have been circulating communications soliciting offer to purchase /deal in the shares of the Exchange while such shares are unlisted. In this regard, it should specifically be noted that such communications have not been directly or indirectly solicited or prompted by the Exchange, nor does the Exchange endorse communications of such nature in any manner whatsoever. Any offer or solicitation pursuant to such communications should be carefully evaluated with respect to their legality (including but not limited to under the Companies Act, 2013, the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, the rules and regulations thereunder) as well as the risks involved in the same. It should be specifically noted that any person who chooses to participate in any transaction pursuant to such communications (whether as buyer or seller), does so entirely at their own risk.
- No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorise your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor's account.
- Prevent Unauthorised transactions in your account. Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day.
While dealing in securities markets - once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (Broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary
Investors are cautioned against SMS tips to buy certain scrips suggesting increase in their market price. Do not blindly follow these tips and do thorough analysis about the company before investing.